We have upgraded the cafeteria kitchen to a “Value Added Kitchen”. This means that the kitchen can be used to make various goods that come from local produce.
If you are interested in using our Value Added Kitchen or are interested in finding out just what can be done here, is please contact Karen Hammett.
Here are some additional sources of information:
Small Business Information:
- North Carolina District Office 6302 Fairview Road, Suite 300 Charlotte, NC 28210-2227 (704) 344-6563 Phone (704) 344-6769 Fa http://archive.sba.gov/localresources/district/nc/index.html
- Haywood Community College: Haywood Community College185 Freedlander Dr. Clyde, NC 28 Telephone: 828.627.2821, Fax: 828.627.3606 http://www.haywood.edu/programs_of_study
Food Safety and Processing Information:
- NC State University Fletcher Arritt, III, Ph.D. – Food Bioprocessing & Nutrition Sciences, North Carolina Cooperative Extension Services Campus Box 7624, 129 Schaub Hall, Raleigh, NC 27695-7624 Phone: (919) 513-0176, Fax: (919)515-712 email@example.com
- Food and Drug Administration www.fda.gov
- United States Department of Agriculture http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome
- Food Safety and Inspection Service http://www.fsis.usda.gov/
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services www.ncagr.gov Renee Peirce – Food regulatory Specialist 1 (919)270-4199 firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Contact Information:
- Buy Haywood – Market Development Project www.buyhaywood.com (828)713-5431 Anne Lancaster – Project Coordinator email@example.com
- Haywood County Economic Development Commission www.haywoodedc.org Mark B. Clasby- Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (828)456-3737 Fax: (828)452-1352